Tuesday, December 22, 2009

'Tis the Season...

Last night we drove into Corfu town to see it all lit up with holiday lights. Last year the municipality needed to trim some large trees in the park and near the Liston. In doing so they had to finally cut down the branches that had all the lovely lights stuck in them for the last 8 years or so. When we got there the park and Liston were dark! We were surprised that they didn't replace them at all this year. Ah austerity, it bites in the strangest places.





Still the walkways and the shopping area streets were well decked out.






And the good news for all the merchants, was there were a fair amount of people out shopping.

On the way home we stopped in Agios Ioannis to see what the village had done. The decorating committee had chosen the bandstand as their staging ground. The only thing missing was snow... and I don't miss that at all!



Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty. I always feel the same about lights & snow. For me, they go together and I miss the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures!! (I don't miss snow either.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jessica

    Forgive me for not commenting recently. I somehow managed to miss new posts on yours and a few other blogs that I regularly follow. So I'm busy catching up now. I hope you enjoyed your trip and that having arrived home safely, had a good Christmas.
    Happy New Year xxxx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Apture