Saturday, March 6, 2010

This week has just flown by!

I can't believe how time whizzes past lately! Suddenly a week has gone by- and poof! It's the weekend! (this seems to happen with the weeks zipping past as well...suddenly a month! Pfft!)

It's not like I WANT it to go by fast like when I was a kid... I want it to slow down so I can wring every little ort of joy that I can find in each day.

But of course we have no control of time. Speaking of which I will devote a little time to another award that my virtual friend WildernessChic passed along...

I love her site Life the universe and all that's in it - and her house, her fashion - pretty much her life... Thank you, Ruth.


The Sunshine Blog Award!


Of course there ARE rules with this award (no such thing as a free lunch! on the other hand, this IS the internet and so things can be a bit flexible...)

Rules are as follows:
Forward it on ........ Nominate 12 bloggers (OK... I only did 11.)
Put logo onto your sidebar or within a post
Link the nominees within your post
Let the nominees know they have received this award by commenting on their blog
Share the love and link the sidebar logo to the person from whom you received this award


I have chosen the following 11 blogs (the 12th being the one I received the award from!) that I always visit and enjoy. Some are old favorites and some blogs are reasonably new to me. Here are my choices:

Soyez la Bienvenue Chez Moi
thank you for the amazing tiramisu recipe! (I made it last night for a dinner party!)

Maple Spice
It doesn't LOOK vegetarian...

Ballet News
my fantasy culture life...

Raquel Crusoé - Arte e Cultura
a truly amazing musician from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Muza-chan`s Gate to Japan
Japan through a photographers eye

fashions most wanted
now comes with a warning label! still filled with beautiful things by beautiful people.

What were you thinking
one of my most favorite blogs, by a very funny unsung hero!! (teachers ARE hero's, to me.)

Life in the expat lane
life through the eyes of a REALLY intrepid expat (and also successful romance writer!!)

French Leave
"the good, the bad and the ugly" a blog about France

Turkish Delight
a really sweet read, by a lovely lady

Rice, beans & pastichio.........
beautiful photographs and a blog of everyday charms of life in Greece

~~~

And so that wraps up today's post. So many more things to catch up on - or else just continue in an existential way with the present... who knows what (or when!) will be in the next post!!??

11 comments:

  1. Thank you for the award Jes...you are very kind.

    I think days and weeks just fly by. I keep thinking that they should be going very slowly because I don't do very much with my time. I just know my two weeks in England in April will go much too fast.

    Have a lovely weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the award....I do sometimes think there are more clouds than sunshine in my posts so perhaps this award will change my weather!

    I do enjoy your blog - you make Corfu come alive...not to speak of Belgium...

    Time is just flying past...there is so much we want to do together while we can and I so resent all the obstacles taking up our precious time.

    Know anyone wanting a large house in France?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the award! Very kind of you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so, so much for this lovely award. I can't promise to fulfill all the rules; I'm sorry but I just don't have the time, but I will proudly display the award. Enjoy the rest of your weekend - I am just back from a glorious performance of Romeo and Juliet !

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's truely frightening that we're in March already! I swear it's January...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jes, thank you so much for the award. An award from you means so much to me because I consider you a wonderful and appreciated friend. I appreciate you! And also, I received my very first award from you and I love that I'm worthy of a second ;)
    Thank you for all of the sunshine you send my way on a daily basis...
    I'll post the award soon, thank you, thank you!
    You've just made me smile again! :):)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the award. Look forward to reading more about life on Corfu.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! and thank you for the award! I'm honored! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's always so nice to get some blog love. Congrats on your award and thanks for forwarding it on to me amongst those other lovely bloggers.

    Eeck, I just read about your mud rain, that sounds awful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Ayak,

    Time is just SO getting out of my control. I am amazed/appalled, DAILY, to find that we've slipped from morning to late afternoon in about 2 hours!!


    Dear Fly,

    I find your blog always to be intelligent, honest- often ironic, and with a deep understanding and affection for your adopted country. I completely understand the frustration. I'm convinced that if you care a lot about the place you live, that mixture of emotions happens quite frequently- but not everyone expresses themselves as well as you do! Thank YOU for all the good reads!

    Dear Debbie,

    I still love your site as much as the first time I visited it. I don't comment much at all but I do enjoy what you do, and I love your photographs.


    Dear Elise,

    I SO totally loved your interview with Darcey Bussell. (She's amAzing) I enjoy what you write and even though I can't go to the ballet, I can still feel close to the marvelous art and performances though your blog.


    Dear Lacey,

    hee hee- I KNOW! That's exactly what I thought too!


    Dear Cheryl,

    Your blog deserves all sorts of cuddles and hugs. I love your photographs of your life in Thessaloniki. You document your life with such grace and beauty. I'm glad you like the award.


    Dear Muza-chan,

    You are so very welcome. Thank YOU for the lovely window into life and times in Japan.


    Welcome Madame DeFarge! I accidentally came upon your site and couldn't resist you. I wish you well on your results.


    Dear Vic,

    Every day you are a hero. Walking into a classroom and spinning the straw of ignorance into the gold of knowledge is worthy of a medal- but you'll have to settle for me reading your blog and sending you an award once in a while.

    Thank you for reading my blog and not remarking on my creative grammar.


    Dear Dedene,

    Your blog is wonderful (and so was your recipe for Tiramisu!!)

    Great virtual hugs to all of you!

    /Jessica

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Apture