So, I think I have found a few things that may work for me. To date, these "suggestions" (or "evolutions", thank you Lee!) are seeming to resonate within:
- Laugh more - (but try for less cynically)
- Embrace change and the unexpected (re: when it comes from my mother)
- Bake things I've never made, like cream puffs and custard tarts -and try not to eat them all
- Dance way more - shoot for maybe about 15 minutes/day with the headphones and my clever little SanDisk player.
- Go to places that make me feel happy.
- Eat only when hungry, not when curious or bored.
- Spend time with people I really like and less time with people who make me anxious or drained [note to self: Interact more with people.]
Interspersed in there as well are the "suggested resolutions" pushed forward by my tedious conscience (that interior hall monitor with the stern look over the half glasses, and the impatient tapping foot) ie:
- JUST GO THROUGH the bloody boxes, already; yes, in the box room- the ones from our last move ten years ago!
a) speaking of boxes- go through the boxes and look for photographs that are loose and do something with them.
b) (do not burn unflattering photographs of self)
- really clean the kitchen [especially the bookshelves and all the italian tiles behind everything]
- meditate on nothing 15 minutes a day (head off neurotic mind squirrels with Dalai Lama "OM" on SanDisk player!)
- go through the Learning Greek Textbook and listen to the CD's again. (well, give it a shot anyway!)
As for any other things that are needed for self improvement, if I manage to accomplish any of the above I should be well ahead of the game.
Meanwhile, I lifted a great family Christmas shot from Facebook after perusing the Christmas albums of my son and granddaughter:
a great gathering including all the usual suspects. Missing, of course, is us! (boo-hoo)
... then there's this great shot I couldn't NOT include...
and this one with the 'lion king' obviously taking orders at the restaurant:
So. Peace and resolve to all til the next post...
[re: 'Soundtrack of my life' and i are currently disagreeing so the only soundtrack I have, are the voices in my head (my HEADPHONES, ok?)
Perhaps we'll manage to reorganize ourselves and insert mixpod back again, but currently it's suspended as it's choosing malaysian music which i am not so fond of...]